Friday, July 29, 2005

Memories - Nybangal

My very first blog, so racked my brains to think of a right name, a name that will make people remember the blog. Frankly speaking couldn't think of any. But there was this one thread of thought running through my head - Memories.

Good or Bad - Memories are very important for us - to me it defines who we are and what we are, who we could have been and how we feel about ourself at the present moment.

Let me share with you my very first memory(out of the blue - sitting at my office desk, taking myself back in time - what is that very first thing that i can remember about)

My first house(Telephone colony,Mahim, Mumbai) Age - 3 or 4 years old. A single bed room apartment, no attached bathroom. So as a kid, I used to have bath in a small area in the kitchen.
Good enough for me :)

#2) we didn't have 24 hours water supply, so every evening we had to wait for the muncipalty to start the water supply. I remember that our watchman never being in his senses, so my mother and a bunch of her friends shouting "Barf, ohhh Barf, Paani Shuru karo" Yes his name was Barf(means Ice in Hindi), don't know how he got the name, but quite distinctly remember his name, think about hearing this name every evening till i was 7 0r 8 :)

#3) Sundays - Best day as a kid, Get up in the morning, watch some cartoon shows on Doordarshan, go out and play. In the evening Dad used to take us out to Shivaji park, play in the sand, then have nice pani poori, then a excellent dinner at either Preetam or Nillam Restaurant. This is one of my most beautiful memory.

And there are many more - But this is my first set of memory - the very first things that i can remember.

So people if u want to comment on this blog, please tell your very first memory. Lets make my first blog a memorable one.

3 Comments:

Blogger Narayanan Venkitu said...

Memories - Aren't they wonderful.! Thank God for that.

Your memories of Bombay.! Very nice..and touchy.! Our dad's in their younger days with our Mom's and family.! All Good days.!

My memories - I was born and raised in Madras ( Perungalathu a suburb), Some of my fond memories are my evening games with my friends..used to run from the Railway station, have tiffon, run to the ground, plant the stumps and start cricket.!

We never ate out those days..It was all at home...!

Memories ...keep hanging on.! Great starting piece.! Please keep it coming.!

31 July, 2005 16:56  
Blogger Ram C said...

that's a good start, aatma..

Shouldn't the title be 'Nyabagangal' - more apt?

31 July, 2005 18:13  
Blogger Aatma said...

Thanks Narayanan, it feels good when someone reads your blog.

Yes Ram, it should have been nyabagangal, problem is i have been bought up in Mumbai, so as my parents say my tamil is chinese tamil - so lighta mistake panniten spelling le. Thanks for correcting it. But I think I am going to stick with it.

31 July, 2005 22:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home